Avoiding flow restriction

Flow restriction involves significantly reducing the water supply to a property allowing only a very small amount of water for basic health and hygiene purposes.

Flow restriction to a property may occur if:

  • An account remains unpaid and all attempts to engage with an owner have been exhausted; and
  • The property owner has made no attempt to rectify the outstanding amount.

Make a payment arrangement and avoid restriction

How to avoid restriction

Flow restriction can be avoided:

  • If a formal payment arrangement is accepted, signed and regular payments are made;
  • A Centrepay arrangement is maintained; or
  • An outstanding water account complaint is with us or is being investigated by the Energy and Water Ombudsman of NSW (EWON).

Find out how to make a formal payment arrangement with us by following the steps in the 'How to apply' tab.

How to apply

Apply online and commit to a formal payment arrangement.

The link below will take you to Council's online request management platform.

Apply Online

Restoring water supply

If a property has been flow restricted, we will restore the water supply in full when one (1) of the following points is met:

  • Outstanding charges and additional removal fees are paid in full;
  • A formal payment arrangement, payment extension, or payment assistance has been approved;
  • An agreed lump sum has been made along with an agreed payment plan; OR
  • It has been identified the property is subject to residential tenancy or commercial property lease agreement.

Need help?

Need help? Contact us today

Call us on (02) 4429 3214 or visit your closest administration centre

Nowra Administration Centre
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm
36 Bridge Road, Nowra NSW 2541

Ulladulla Branch Office
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm
14 Deering Street, Ulladulla NSW 2539