Managing an Account

Here you will find information about how to manage your Water Account, including what to do if you are required to manage an account on behalf of another person.

Your Water Account

Update my postal address

When you change your postal address for your Water Account, your Rates Notice will also be sent to this address.

To lodge your updated postal address with Shoalhaven City Council, click on the link below.

Sign up for eNotices

Signing up for our electronic account service is easy, all you need is the latest copy of your Water Account and an email address. 

For more information on this service visit our eNotices page.

To sign up for eNotices, click on the link below.

How can I become an authorised account representative?

We can only discuss the Water Account with the Property Owner. An owner may nominate someone else to have access to their Water Account, such as a Power of Attorney or a third party who can act on an owner’s behalf. Owners must provide this authority to us in writing prior to Shoalhaven Water releasing any account information.

Contact us via email at

What happens with a deceased estate?

Due to privacy reasons, if you need to contact us to discuss a deceased estate or to advise us of the passing of one our customers we will require you to forward us a copy of the customer’s Death Certificate and Will that lists you as an Executor of the Estate. 

We don’t disconnect the services from the property, so water and sewerage services will remain available. Water accounts continue to be raised approximately every 90 days and remain in the deceased person’s name until the property is transferred to the Executor(s) or to the surviving owner(s). 

Your solicitor will lodge the appropriate forms with the NSW Land Registry Services for you.

Got a complaint?

Shoalhaven Water is a member of EWON, the Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW. EWON provides an independent way of resolving issues.

For more information visit or call them on 1800 246 545.