Account Payment Options

When making a payment on your Water Account, be sure to use the Biller Code and Reference Number that is highlighted in yellow in the lower right-hand corner of your account. 

Payment Options

Request a refund or transfer

If you have a credit balance on your water account, you can request a refund to your bank account or a transfer between Council accounts (including Water Accounts, Rates and other Council accounts). 

Customers requesting a refund will not be charged for the first refund request in a financial year, but subsequent requests may be subject to a $30 fee.

To complete the online form, you will need:

  • Account reference number/s,
  • Proof of payment and
  • Your bank details

Direct debit

Direct Debit allows you to make regular weekly, fortnightly or monthly payments on your Water Account directly from a nominated bank account. You can also select to pay the full amount owing on the due date.  

Register, update your bank details, or cancel the direct debit service at any time. 

Register to make direct debits on your Water Account by following the link below.


BPAY® is an easy and secure way to manage your bills through your online or mobile banking. You can choose which account to pay bills from, and schedule payments on a date that works for you. 

Your Biller Code and Reference Number can be found in the bottom right-hand corner of your Water Account.

Credit card

Pay using a credit card over the phone – call 1300 004 431 (select option 2 for water payment), or follow the link below and pay online.

All you need is your 8-digit Reference Number which is highlighted in yellow in the bottom right-hand corner of your Water Account. 

A surcharge applies to credit card payments. Diners Club cards are not accepted.


Centrepay is a voluntary bill-paying service which is free for Centrelink customers. Use Centrepay to arrange regular deductions from your Centrelink payment. 

You can start or change a deduction at any time. The quickest way to do it is through your Centrelink account online.

For Shoalhaven Water account payments you will need:

  • Shoalhaven Water reference number 555-071-469-B, plus
  • Your 8-digit BPay Reference Number which you can find in the bottom right-hand corner of your Water Account, highlighted in yellow.

In person

  • Nowra Council Administration Office – Bridge Road Nowra 
  • Ulladulla Council Administration Office – Deering Street Ulladulla 
  • Any Australia Post Office – part or full payment accepted.


Cheque or money order made payable to:

Shoalhaven Water – PO Box 42, Nowra NSW 2541